Below are some troubleshooting steps for a QualMeeting interview if a user cannot join the call, has a slow internet connection, can't connect properly to audio, or can't screen share:
User can’t join the call
- Make sure they have been added to the event
- Make sure they have accepted the permissions in browser for the camera and microphone (Chrome or Firefox.)
- Make sure they don’t have an additional program or tab open using the camera/mic (i.e. Zoom, Skype, Teams, etc.)
- Refresh the browser
- Restart their computer
Slow internet connection
- It is helpful to close out extraneous programs, windows, and tabs for the highest possible quality
- Hardwired will provide the most reliable connection
- Moving closer to their wifi access point
Can’t hear participant/participant can’t hear you
- Check settings gear at bottom right hand corner to make sure correct audio device is selected
- Make sure that they aren’t using an additional program that is using the mic (i.e. Zoom, Skype, Teams, etc.)
- Try refreshing the browser
- Try fully closing and re-opening the browser
There is an echo on the call
- Sometimes during the first minute or so of the call, a computer is gathering enough information for the noise cancellation to work properly. If this is the case, the echo will go away on its own.
- If a user is using external speakers or microphone, have them turn the volume down or move the microphone further away from the speakers.
- Have the user that the echo is coming from try refreshing the browser.
User can’t screen share on Mac
- Users sharing their screen from MacOS will be prompted to allow the browser to screen share the very first time they do it. They must click to accept and then restart the browser.
- If a user has clicked "Deny", they will need to go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Scroll down on the left-hand side to “Screen Recording” > Click the checkbox next to the browser. They will then have to restart the browser.
Other things to know:
- Navigating away from the video chat will disconnect you from the chat.
- If nobody is in a room for 5 minutes, then the room will close itself and another vc will need to be created.
- Most of the time, recordings end up a higher quality than what you see
If users are still having issues, then please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the help icon at the top right of QualBoard.